Monday, November 16, 2009

Final Fantasy XIII 03-09-2010....Hopefully


March 9, 2010. That is the newly announced release date for the long overdue, highly anticipated Final Fantasy XIII. I don’t know about you but I am fucking psyched; especially since it comes out 4 days before my birthday, which will basically guarantee me to get it on its release date. I don’t know where to begin with this game. As of right now I don’t know much except for bits and pieces here and there, but what I have seen gives me the chills.

Probably the best thing to do is let you see firsthand how amazing this game looks. If you watch this video just be sure to pay attention to the minute details that were put into this game such as the stubble on the guys face in the beginning of the video.

Visually this game looks flawless. I don’t know about you but at times I felt like I was watching a movie. Seeing the cut scenes, the care to detail, and the perfection of the backgrounds gives reason to the amount of delays and push backed release dates that we have seen. Thinking about it though, it isn’t a big surprise considering the shoes that needed to be filled with the first release of a true Final Fantasy game on Next Gen Consoles. This game needs to be epic, it needs to show that Square Enix’s Final Fantasy series goes above and beyond gaming and has the ability to make the gamer feel like he is living that story. There is so much in developing a game of that magnitude. You need the music, the story itself, the visual experience, the gameplay, and the characters themselves to make you feel like you need to play this game, because if you didn’t it would almost be like you are missing out on a piece of history.

As you can obviously tell the Final Fantasy franchise is one of my all time favorites. I can still remember beating the first one on my NES or the first time I summoned the Nights of the Roundtable in the FF VII, and hopefully with this one I will have memories. I am sure a lot of people are second guessing the release date of this game. It isn’t surprising considering that it has been in development forever. But do you really think Square Enix would take the time to write a script and hire some tool to read it if it were not true. I don’t think so, and that is why I really think this is the actual release date this time. I could be wrong but we will see. In the meantime here is the video that was released to announce the release date. Let me know if you think this is true regarding the date for this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment