Wednesday, February 3, 2010

no objections here...

I love the Ace Attorney series. The Phoenix Wright trilogy of games is one of my favorites ever, and although Apollo Justice wasn't quite as awesome as I'd hoped for, my excitement level is maxed out as Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth is finally almost out on the DS. Like most of us in the U.S., I was first drawn to the series when the GBA Phoenix Wright titles were ported over to the DS. I thought it looked interesting and I really wanted to yell "Objection!" into the DS' mic (which I did once and then I immediately felt like an idiot). I grabbed the first game on a whim and quickly became a diehard fan of the series.

The new Edgeworth game coming out this month on the 16th completely changes the look and formula of the series and takes it in a new interesting direction. The problem with this series is that it's very difficult for me to recommend to people. As much as I find this style of game enjoyable, I know that anime-inspired courtroom drama/comedy adventure games aren't for everyone, especially when 90% of the gameplay is spent reading. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the series, it's a definite try before you buy. Apparently Capcom agrees and you can play a demo of the new game right here:



-Brian T.

No comments:

Post a Comment